Monday, December 4, 2017

ARA Conference

My time at the Arkansas Reading Association conference was invaluable. There are several things that I felt like this conference afforded me the opportunity to do. Over the course of the day that I was there, I was able to:

  • Connect with future colleagues,
  • Take advantage of the resources offered by several companies present,
  • Learn about new methods of teaching literacy in the classroom,
  • And connect with an enthusiastic keynote speaker who has great resources on keeping students engaged in the literacy classroom.
I feel as though I have been armed with more resources than I was before I went to the conference. I was able to meet new people and see educators discuss what they were passionate about. Working with Mrs. Gillmore and Becca on the conference presentation that we presented gave me a renewed look at the work that Becca and I are about to engage in. This conference afforded me an opportunity that I would not have had had I not attended it. I know moving forward that I will continue to attend the Arkansas Reading Association conference and participate in the mission of the ARA.

No comments: