Monday, October 28, 2013

Edmodo in the Classroom

When I started teaching full time in the classroom, I wanted to include technology in my lessons in some format. I use technology in many capacities, but I wanted to have online discussions. I chose to start an Edmodo account and post discussion questions on there and have my students go and post answers to these questions.

At first I worried about the response of the students to something like this, and then I realized I had nothing to worry about. My students loved this. They took to it like it was candy. They were eager to get on there and do work. I had to set limits early on to keep them from answer all the questions or carrying the discussion to far.

I will always have those students that will not participate in any activity I give them, but a lot of my 'trouble' students have thoroughly enjoyed the online discussion. It was a new avenue that I wanted to try and glad I did. It was brought a new vive to the classroom!

No comments: