Sunday, November 3, 2013

ACC in Little Rock, Arkansas

This week I had the privilege to go to Little Rock to the Arkansas Curriculum Conference (ACC). At first I was a little worried about it -- I usually hate things like this. It turned out that I really enjoyed the conference.

I was able to pick up a lot of great ideas for my classroom. Every session that I went  to demonstrated activities and games that I could include in my classroom that would enhance the learning experience. I also was able to pick up on projects that were simple to do and would make the lesson applicable to the students' lives.

The greatest sessions were the ones that include cross curricular activities. Common Core is really heavy on the integrating of different fields into a classroom. Of all the material received, these will be the most helpful in enhancing the classroom.

I hope that each year I can come back and get more material each time. I never know when I might come across the right piece to make a lesson reach the outstanding on the TESS evaluation.

No comments: