Thursday, September 14, 2017

First Observed Lesson

So this Monday (9/11) was my first observed lesson where Dr. Crosby came to critique my every last move...Okay, maybe not that intensely, but the point still stands.

I began working and taking responsibility for my classes last week so that I would be more comfortable working with the students and vice versa. Even though I worked on becoming more comfortable last week, I was still pretty timid during that observation. Part of that is due to my being new in the classroom and part of that is due to low participation on a discussion that I had planned on. The students weren't as participatory as they typically are. This was concerning, but I attribute that to Dr. Crosby's being there.

Overall, I felt good about the lesson, but it is a little bit overwhelming looking back at it. I'm sure that all will be well once my scores are posted. One of the things that I've learned a lot about is the power and use of constant reflection. By reflection, I mean reflection both after and during the lesson. This is one of the most useful tools that I have learned to use.

No comments: