Thursday, November 19, 2009

Conference Time

The Arkansas Cirriculum Conference was an interesting experience. I started the day off by convincing my fellow students to pet an alligator. We then returned to the work of learning to teach better.

The workshops I atended were interesting. I think the one I liked best and learned the most from was the first one I went to. It was presented by two teachers that teach writing, and I recieved some great ideals about how to get my students started writing in new and interesting ways. I learned to Doodle Write and how to use it as a method to get my students to begin writing by breaking the blank page with a doodle.

Another fav was the presentation on using music in the classroom. I found new ways to used music to lead my students to write. It was a good day overall with a few minor pet peeves (such as teachers behaving like my ninth graders!!). I had a good trip and learned quite a bit.

No comments: