Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thanks for the Seat in This Class!

As my two grand students in Secondary English Methods are reflecting and writing about those people in their lives that have helped earn them a seat in this class...a class that signifies the end of one adventure in life and the soon-approaching new adventure...yes, teaching!...I, too, would like to take a moment to thank those who helped mold and make me into the professional I am today.

First, to Mrs. Smith...my high school English teacher, to the one who worked us, believed in us, and held us to very high expectations, may I strive to achieve even a little of what you accomplished throughout your career at Mammoth Spring High School. I know that if I needed that lady today...she is just a phone call, just an email away. Some bonds truly are thicker than blood. Thank you!

Next to Dr. Tebbetts, a professor at Arkansas College...okay, Lyon College! What an inspiration! My goal? To have half the energy within my classroom that you displayed, demonstrated for us and to all your many students since and to those those in your classes today. So knowledgeable, so friendly. Such a role model. Thank you!

Finally, to Lisa Huff, my technology mentor and friend. I tell her I am always about ten, twenty, maybe even fifty steps behind her, but she is always so willing to help. To her, this blog is a tribute, for none of this blogging for my personal reflection and for and with my students would be occurring had it not been for her patience and encouragement. Thank you!

Yes, there are many others...and to all I say thanks.

I truly enjoy my job, my profession, my hobby. Thanks for giving me my passion for teaching!


Please check back here for soon-to-be posted entries from the seat-takers in this class!

1 comment:

sheflair said...

You've been a very willing pupil! I look forward to what you'll teach me in the future. That's the wonderful world of web 2.0: we don't have to go it alone. We bridge connections, learning in an interconnected environment, always finding ways to improve, stretch, push ourselves to the next level.