Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When I Grow Up...

Senior year is now in full swing, and I am finding it harder and harder to believe that I will be graduating in the spring ready to set off to begin a new career in teaching and coaching. As each day comes and goes, I realize I can't say "when I grow up..." anymore. Instead, I am now finally coming to understand that my adult life and career are about to take off.

It seems like only yesterday I was starting freshman year at Lyon College attempting to figure out which direction I wanted my life to go. Now, as a senior and in the middle of my student teaching experience, I look at my young, bright-eyed seventh graders that I have begun teaching and think "Guys, the "real-world" is knocking at your door...and you have no idea how soon you will be right where I am!"

These hopeful kids have their who futures in front of them. I only hope I can help lead them in the right direction this year in both teaching them and also in being a good role model for them.

No comments: